Sunday, August 31, 2008

Birthy Hapday, Jordan!



Any excuse we can think of, we try to bring the Garcia family over. Today was an especially good day - we celebrated Jordan's 28th birthday. Jordan was born on August 31, 1980 - 11 days past his due date (some things never change). It was a Sunday, just like today, we had come home from Church and ate. While Olivia was doing the dishes, she turned to me and said, "As soon as I finish these dishes, we'd better go to the hospital." We finished them quickly and went to the hospital. I knew I had to act quickly, because she had babies quickly, so I got her in and they started the prep while I registered her in the hospital. The doctor had just replaced me as the High Priests' Instructor and thought my jokes were really funny, so he asked me to give him some to use in his class. Olivia thought she should be the center of attention at this time and is still a bit put out that I was telling pig jokes while she was in labor. In about an hour and a half from when we arrived at the hospital, she had given birth to a 9 lb. 13 oz. boy.

3 comments:

Cedric Anderson said...

What's wrong with pig jokes during labor? I wonder...

Ruth said...

I think you spelled Happy Birthday wrong Brad.

RuthandJordan said...

Oh,yea. I remember that day. Good work mom.