Sunday, June 15, 2008

Grandma Dahl Came to Viist


Grandma Dahl was here for a short visit, so we got a four generation photo. She came to see the new house and spent Saturday morning in the temple with Mom. They then went shopping for clothes and for a fireplace or a stove that can replace the old oil-burning stove in her living room. She went to Church with us Sunday so Mom got to introduce her to our new ward members. Being new in the ward, we were asked to speak today, so Mom talked about Heavenly Father and I was assigned to talk about my father. Mom was also asked to say something about us; how we met, where we were from, etc. She told me before we left for Church that her introduction would be short, so I said I might have to expand on it. She looked at me very sternly and said, "Don't say anything you will regret...and I mean it!" Needless to say, her introduction was just fine. How can you not love a person like her?

5 comments:

Hannah Stevenson said...

What a great picture of all of you. Grandma is so beautiful. We can't wait to see all of you in exactly 3 weeks!

Cedric Anderson said...

That's great that grandma got to come visit. I'd like to read your talks, if you wrote them, that is. Happy Daddy's day, dad.

Camille said...

My bishop just called and asked if I would speak in church on Sunday. Brad, I know you don't write your talks, but Olivia, could I borrow yours? Although, my assignment was pretty specific - "Standing in Holy Places" by President Faust. And it would probably sound silly and confusing to our ward if I were introducing ourselves to them as you... Okay, okay, I'll prepare my own talk.

Ruth and Jordan said...

We had a great time with Grandma Dahl. We're also happy to have you guys live so close to us (by close I mean in the same city).
We simply love going over to your house and seeing you every week.

Team Covey said...

Brad and Olivia are on my favorite people list. I can't wait to hear about the house from Camille and Hannah. Congratulations on building your gathering place. It looks gorgeous.